Passenger notification regarding airport security measures during the US president's visit to Slovenia
Due to the EU - USA summit in Slovenia special security measures will be implemented at Ljubljana-Jože Pučnik Airport from Friday 6 June to Tuesday 10 June 2008:
- From 21.00 on Friday 6 June partial restrictions will be introduced to parking in the external car park and the multi-storey car park.
- From 06.00 on Monday 9 June parking and stopping vehicles directly in front of the passenger terminal will be prohibited.
- 15 minutes before the landing of the aircraft carrying President Bush, all movement of persons or vehicles in the airport area will be prohibited.
- From 21.00 on Sunday 8 June there will be additional security control points within the airport perimeter at the entrance to various public spaces (car parks, public areas of the passenger terminal and service area).
- The service entrance to the airport will be closed from 21.00 on Sunday 8 June to, provisionally, 17.00 on Tuesday 10 June. Entrance to the service area will be possible via the main airport entrance (past the passenger terminal).
- Roads will be fully blocked and all traffic stopped on the roads leading to the Ljubljana Jože Pučnik Airport on Monday, 9 June from 18.00 to 22.00 and Tuesday, 10 June from 13.00 to 17.00.
Please give yourself sufficient time to arrive at the airport taking these measures into account, and follow the instructions of security staff and the police. The majority of flights is going to arrive or depart as scheduled. Nevertheless we would like to advise you to check with your air carrier or on the website www.lju-airport.si for information on your flight before arriving at the airport.
We will publish any changes to these arrangements on the
website and via other public media.
We would like to thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
Aerodrom Ljubljana, d. d.