Flights to Luxembourg available from September 2023 with Luxair
Zg. Brnik, 30. 6. 2023 - The flight network of Ljubljana Airport will be strengthened with a new connection of Luxair still in the summer schedule. The carrier will establish twice weekly flights to Luxembourg on September 14. Altogether 23 direct connections with 19 airlines will be available from Ljubljana Airport.
Luxembourg, one of the wealthiest countries in the world, will enchant every traveler with its cosmopolitan spirit, extraordinary insights into history and abundant nature. The route, which will be established by Luxair on September 14, will help strengthen the economic ties between Slovenia and Luxembourg and present opportunities for travelers to explore two European pearls. Flights to the Luxembourg capital will be available twice a week, every Thursday and Sunday. An informative flight schedule is presented below.
Summer Schedule (14/09/2023 – 28/10/2023)
Luxembourg – Ljubljana 12h25 – 14h15
Ljubljana – Luxembourg 14h55 – 16h50
Luxembourg – Ljubljana 09h20 – 11h10
Ljubljana – Luxembourg 11h50 – 13h45
Winter Schedule (as of 29/10/2023)
Luxembourg – Ljubljana 12h10 – 14h00
Ljubljana – Luxembourg 14h40 – 16h35
Luxembourg – Ljubljana 09h40 – 11h30
Ljubljana – Luxembourg 12h10 – 14h05
The carrier is already offering flight tickets on its website www.luxair.lu, with a launch offer valid until July 14. For passengers wishing to travel light, Light tickets are available from €99 for the round trip. Those wishing to take advantage of Luxair's traditional range of premium services, can book their round-trip flights from €129, with the Smart fare. Finally, for even more advantages and maximum flexibility and comfort, the Flex fare is available from €189.
»We are welcoming Luxembourg to the flight network of Ljubljana Airport! It is exciting that Luxair has decided to enter the Slovenian market. New flights will be attractive for business and leisure passengers and for the Slovenian diaspora in Luxembourg. The range of connections from Ljubljana Airport is steadily increasing – in the summer timetable, there will be a total of 23 direct connections with 19 scheduled airlines available. Passenger numbers are increased significantly in June compared to last year, and the months with the strongest traffic, July and August, will support continued growth," said the Managing Director of Fraport Slovenija Dr Babett Stapel.
Wizz Air with flights to Skopje from September
Another upcoming novelty in the summer timetable is the connection of the low-cost Wizz Air, which will establish flights to Skopje in the last week of September. It will be possible to fly to Macedonia twice a week, every Wednesday and Sunday.
The offer of flights from Ljubljana Airport in the summer season has already been enriched by eight destinations: Aegean Airlines to Athens, British Airways to London (Heathrow), Transavia to Amsterdam, Transavia France to Paris Orly, Finnair to Helsinki, GP Airlines to Pristina, Israir Airlines/El Al/Sundor to Tel Aviv and Air Montenegro to Tivat. With more frequent flights to important hubs the possibilities to fly all over the world are increasing. Lufthansa has strengthened its service to Frankfurt to up to three daily flights, including an early morning one. In the summer schedule frequencies to other hubs have been increased as well, namely to Istanbul, Paris, Warsaw and Brussels.
A more detailed flight schedule is available at
Altogether 19 regular airlines are offering 23 connections in the summer schedule, with the below number of frequencies:
- Air Serbia twice daily to Belgrade and twice weekly to Niš,
- Aegean Airlines twice weekly to Athens,
- Brussels Airlines six times weekly to Brussels,
- flydubai four times weekly to Dubai,
- Finnair four times weekly to Helsinki,
- Lufthansa up to three times daily to Frankfurt and daily to Munich,
- Turkish Airlines up to twice daily to Istanbul,
- easyJet up to six times weekly to London, Gatwick,
- British Airways six times weekly to London Heathrow,
- Wizz Air three times weekly to London, Luton and two times weekly to Skopje,
- Transavia up to four times weekly to Amsterdam,
- Transavia France twice weekly to Paris, Orly,
- Air France eleven times weekly to Paris,
- Israir/El Al/Sundor up to five times weekly to Tel Aviv,
- Air Montenegro three times weekly to Podgorica and four times weekly to Tivat (exchanging connections),
- LOT Polish Airlines nine times weekly to Warsaw,
- SWISS Airlines nine times weekly to Zurich and
- GP Aviation twice weekly to Pristina.